Energy Shift is an initiative developed by RESOLVE that brings together unlikely allies from industry, government, and the NGO community around key issues including…
- Accelerate the deployment of clean energy installations by mines and other infrastructure while benefiting local communities and businesses in energy-poor mining jurisdictions and beyond; and
- Offer a platform for solar and wind Independent Power Producers (IPPs), miners, investors and stakeholders to share innovations and business opportunities.
- Anticipate possible futures for energy;
- Define successful business models for a low-carbon 21st century economy; and
- Identify and implement near-term interventions that support solutions with the potential to transform the energy system.
- Lead a joint fact-finding effort to identify key questions related to the health and environmental impacts of shale development;
- Publish and disseminate the “Community Health and Shale Development Guidebook,” which provides unbiased information on health issues associated with different stages in the shale development process
- Identify and report on current good practice with regard to community engagement; and
- Support the development of innovation in the sector, to support efforts to lessen impact.
- Explore accelerated depreciation as a tool to incentivize green technology investments; and
- Engage a broad spectrum of stakeholders to build a strategy for advancing the use of accelerated depreciation.